Not too successfully:
Another great rescue by Hope for Paws. I’m so glad Eldad posts these so I can share them with you. I just love how patient and caring he is with these scared dogs. Another testimony to the value of a microchip! Until next time, Good day, and good dog!
Doggies.com Dog Blog
First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you here in the states! I’ve always been a big fan of celebrating being grateful, and that is what this holiday means to me. And while this year has admittedly been difficult for my family, it’s also the most thankful I think I’ve ever been. (You can read my big gushing “why I’m thankful post” over on Facebook.) I hope that whatever your plans, you have a wonderful holiday and weekend full of joy and gratitude.
And now, it’s time once again for the annual sharing of my personal list of Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday deals! In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, when I come across any seriously amazing deals and/or coupon codes, I record them, then compile a list of favorites to share with you guys (the full list is below).
Since we are going to be out of the country next week, Bubby and Bean Art‘s annual sale was a little early this year. But in case you missed it, use coupon code THANKS and you’ll receive 15% off your order. Woohoo! You can use that on our holiday cards (all of which are eco-friendly and made by hand), our art prints, or anything you want. Thank you for your support of our little shop and all small businesses this holiday season!
And speaking of small businesses, although the list below is mainly for larger stores, please check out your favorite independent shops (both online stores and physical shops) over the next week, and visit Etsy. I genuinely believe that this is more important than ever right now. Many small businesses will be offering substantial discounts this weekend, but most don’t have large advertising budgets to enable them to announce them far and wide in advance like bigger companies do. (And if you own a small business or Etsy shop and are having a sale, please share it in the comments so that my readers and I can check it out!)
And here we go…
MY BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY WEEKEND SALE + COUPON CODE LIST
- A PEA IN A POD: Save up to 30% off at A Pea in a Pod (11/23-11/27).
- AMAZON: Special Deals of the Day and Lightning Deals updated every 5 minutes at Amazon.com all week. TIP: If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you’ll get access to some deals 30 minutes before they’re available to the public.
- ANN TAYLOR: 50% off everything with code CELEBRATE at Ann Taylor (11/23-11/27).
- ASOS: 30% off everything with code THANKFUL30 at ASOS (11/24-11/29).
- BANANA REPUBLIC: 50% off 5 regular priced items at Banana Republic (11/24-11/26).
- BLOOMINGDALES: Take 15% off $ 100-$ 199.99 or 20% off $ 200+ on a great selection of items online + save up to 50% on select items at Bloomingdales (11/24-11/26).
- EDDIE BAUER: 40% off sitewide with code HARVEST at Eddie Bauer (11/22-11/27).
- EXPRESS: 50% off sitewide + free shipping at Express (11/23-11/25, 11/28).
- EVE MATTRESS: $ 200 off all mattresses + free shipping at eve.
- FOREVER 21: Deals starting at $ 3 at Forever 21 (11/24-11/28).
- GAP: 50% off sitewide at The Gap (11/24-11/25).
- H&M: Free shipping with code 0319 + up to 80% off select styles at H&M (11/23-11/28).
- IKEA: $ 25 off $ 150 or more with this coupon, 25% off Swedish food Market, + more deals at IKEA.
- J.CREW: 40% off both full-priced and sale priced items with code HOLIDAY at J.Crew (11/22-11/27).
- JEWELRY.COM: Up to 85% off select styles with code SALE at Jewelry.com (11/21-11/27).
- KOHL’S: Take an extra 15% off with code NOVSAVE15 (11/22-11/25) + deals all weekend (11/22-11/2) at Kohl’s.
- MACY’S: Deals up to 75% off plus take an extra 20% off with code FEAST at Macy’s (11/22-11/28).
- MADEWELL: 25% off your entire purchase with code THATSALE at Madewell (11/22-11/27).
- MINTED: 15% off no minimum, or 20% off $ 150+ on holiday with code BF2016 (11/23-11/27). Also 20% off $ 150+ on holiday, wedding, and all gifts with code BF2017 at Minted (11/23-11/28).
- MODCLOTH: 20% off no threshold, 30% off $ 100+, 40% off $ 200+ with codes FRIDAY20, FRIDAY30, FRIDAY40 at Modcloth (11/23-11/27).
- NORDSTROM: Take an extra 20% off select sale items at Nordstrom (11/24-11/28).
- SUR LA TABLE: Save up to 65% off during Thanksgiving Sale + other offers at SurLaTable.com (11/23-11/27).
- SHOPBOP: Spend $ 200+ get 15% off, spend $ 500+ get 20% off, spend $ 800+ get 25% off with code GOBIG16 at Shopbop (11/22-11/28).
- SHOW ME YOUR MUMU: 40% off select styles with code MUMUSALE40 at Show Me Your Mumu (11/22-11/27).
- TARGET: Hundreds of deals up to 50% off site wide at Target (11/22-11/28).
- TJ MAXX: Free shipping + 5 days of deals at TJ Maxx (11/24-11/28).
- TOPSHOP: Up to 50% off select items at Topshop (11/23-11/28).
- URBAN OUTFITTERS: Buy one get one 50% off on ALL apparel at Urban Outfitters (11/23-11/25).
- WANDERLUST + CO: 40% off sale items with code YASSS at Wanderlust + Co (11/22-11/29).
- WEST ELM: Spend $ 100+ and get 15% off, spend $ 500+ and get 20% off, spend $ 1000+ and get 25% off, spend $ 3000+ and get 30% off with code SAVENOW at West Elm (11/22-11/27).
- WORLD MARKET: Deals up to 60% off. Also free shipping on orders $ 100 or more with code JINGLEBELL, and 10% off with code SAVEBIG10 at World Market (11/23-11/27).
- ZAPPOS: (This one is my favorite!) From Black Friday to Cyber Monday, Zappos will cover the cost of adoption for the cat or dog of your choice when you adopt through Best Friends Animal Society or select locations in the No More Homeless Pets Network. (11/25-11/28).
I’ll be updating this post and adding new deals throughout the week and weekend as well, so be sure to check back. And make sure to visit Bubby and Bean’s sponsors (just click on their images over there in the right sidebar) if you’re doing holiday shopping this weekend. Many of them have really great specials going on that you don’t want to miss. Again, Happy Thanksgiving, and happy shopping!
For the past few weeks, we’ve been using Glamping with Pets to plan a pet-friendly glamping getaway with Irie and Tiki. We knew we’d be traveling during the Supermoon, a date when the…
[[ This is a summary only. Click the title for the full post, photos, videos, giveaways, and more! ]]
I put out a little gray fox urine over the buck musk, and a fox came and made a visit. Judging from the squat, this one is a vixen.
I put out the Moultrie 1100i, which gets better footage than the little Primos Workhorse:
The police ID was that the dog was a bit bull. The pound later heard from the neighbor that the dog was a boxer. So…..this is why you cannot ban a breed.
BAD RAP Blog
The new ASPCA documentary, Second Chance Dogs, was recently released on Netflix. The film follows the stories of six extremely fearful dogs rescued from cruelty and taken to the ASPCA’s Behavioral Rehabilitation Center, showcasing their heartwarming journey to finding a loving home. Launched in 2013, the Behavioral Rehabilitation Center is the first and only facility […]
When Robbie and I first started dating, I had him over for dinner. This was actually very brave of me as I wasn’t exactly the most proficient chef at the time (and although I’ve very slowly learned to enjoy occasional cooking, I’m admittedly still not, at all). But I wanted to do it. To impress him, I whipped up a batch of one of the dishes at which I’ve always considered myself to be quite good – mashed potatoes. I really took my time with these babies too, adding the perfect amount of butter and garlic and young love, and watched eagerly as he took the first bite. His mouth formed a sort of forced smile as he grunted “mmmm” and slowly continued to take more tiny bites throughout the meal, until he was finally done. I was confused as to why (1) it took him so long to finish and (2) he didn’t pile on a heaping serving of seconds. These were my famous mashed potatoes, after all, and they were freaking dynamite. I knew something was up. Eventually I got it out of him – dude doesn’t like mashed potatoes. I know, I couldn’t believe it either. Talk about a red flag, man. Could I really date someone who didn’t like the most glorious food in all the land? Could I ever really trust him? Thankfully he had plenty of other redeeming qualities, but ten years later, I still give him a hard time about his distaste for the best food that ever there was.
Thanksgiving is exactly one week away, which, for us normal folks who actually appreciate their deliciousness, means (if we’re lucky) we’ll get to consume massive amounts of mashed potatoes. While my favorite type is the boring old traditional version (potatoes, garlic, milk, butter, and a little salt), I thought it would be fun to make a couple of unique varieties this year as well, and got to searching. I came across all sorts of ridiculously tasty looking recipes along the way, so it only made sense to share my favorites for this edition of 10 Great. I mean, how about #9? Mashed potatoes for breakfast? Yes, please! Or #7? Talk about comfort food. What if I just made an entire dinner out of just mashed potatoes – would that be weird?
I hope my fellow mashed potato lovers enjoy these recipes. If you have any others you can add to my collection, please leave them in the comments. And if you’re one of those weird people like my husband who doesn’t like mashed potatoes, just like with him, I’ll still love you. But if I ever meet you in person, just know I’m going to give you a hard time about it.