My sister works three jobs and commutes an hour each way so I have been helping to get her HealthyPetNet business started. Remember, Trilogy/HealthyPetNet is a network marketing business and we are independent reps, not directly employed by the company. You could think of it like some of the cosmetics and kitchen and candle businesses out there.
Val has about 73 customers, some were just samples customers but others have remained quite loyal for the last year and a half. They all came through my various Internet promoting.
She would love to quit one of her jobs and work HealthyPetNet by blogging with me so we have a goal to increase her commission checks to replace one of those part-time jobs this year. For the next 30 days, I simply want to see if we can double her pet food sales. Right now, for the month of December, she has the following sales for herself and throughout her downline:
Considering that an 8-lb bag of dog food retails for about $ 17.26 per bag, and remembering that we set our customers up at the wholesale rates, that’s a lot of dog food sales! And this is about her 20th month and she has never had a “pet party” or anything like that. You get a “quick start” bonus for the very first time a person orders a particular product so that also brings in the checks. So, we like this business!
Tracking what I do and how effective it is could help any of you.
1. My goal every month is to keep her PS (Personal Sales) at least $ 750. That ensures that she gets the maximum commission on her PCS (Personal Commissionable Sales) – 20%. In fact, so that we never accidentally slip under the maximum payout, I’d like to boost her personal sales to $ 2000 per month. That’s very do-able, myself and two of my downline consistently achieve those sales.
I love this about HealthyPetNet commissions. They set a certain amount per individual product that is allotted to commissions, that’s the Personal Commissionable Sale. This helps keep the product affordable for the customer and is a reasonable commission for the rep.
Many of the network marketing companies I’ve seen only pay you if you build equally down two legs (a “binary” system). HealthyPetNet’s commissions are paid on each of your personal customers.
You only need to sell $ 50 per month and that is often what you might buy, yourself, if you are a multi-pet family, so it’s not hard to qualify for commissions. Other network marketing companies require that you personally purchase $ 200 or more in product each month to qualify for commissions, and that you sell a certain amount. That $ 50 for HealthyPetNet doesn’t even need to be your own purchase. In other words, you can work HealthyPetNet even if you don’t ever buy pet food yourself. (I personally think you SHOULD know the products but the point is, this is probably the most comfort-zone-friendly business out there!)
2. At the moment I am not doing anything to boost her downline reps’ sales. When I know that what I do can work for Val, I’ll share with them.
3. So how am I sending customers via the Internet to Val? If you’ll scan through some of my earlier posts this month, you’ll see that I’m registering her website in various online “green” and “healthy pet” directories.
4. I also maintain a very popular Holistic Pet Food Blog — all of the links in that blog go either to Val or to some of my downline, none go directly to me. Folks — Blogging is THE BEST free way to build on the Internet. I can’t wait until Val — who is a professional writer and editor — can do this with me!
5. Since Val has about 73 customers, I sent them all holiday greetings and will send Thank Yous every time they order. Simply improving sales among the existing customers can do a lot to boost Val’s business.
6. Referral business is huge. I also let all of our existing customers know we will give a wholesale discount to any of the friends that they refer to us.
There are a few other things that I’ve done in the past (such as Yahoo and Wiki Answers). One of my very best reps came from a Yahoo Answers discussion. If I do any of those and get results, I’ll post it here.
The take-home message for you is that, If you don’t have a goal and a plan, you can’t achieve it. I’m very excited for that day when Val calls to say to me, I can’t believe the size of the check I just got!