Well, we officially completed our first week of back-to-school during the Covid era. (Well, sort of. This is the first official full week. Last week was only three days. But still.) If you’re a regular reader here, you know that over the past couple of years, I have put together a fun ‘interview’ with questions to ask my kids on their first days of school. I also ask the same questions on the last day of school to see how her answers have changed. It really is a cool way to see how interests evolve and also our little ones grow.
1. What is your name? Essley.
2. What grade are you in? First.
3. How old are you? 6-1/2.
4. What is your favorite color? Pink and green.
5. What is your favorite thing to do at school? Math.
6. What is your favorite activity outside of school? Dance.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? A dance teacher and a fashion designer.
8. What is your favorite food? Tacos. I wish it was raining tacos. (Me too, kid.)
9. How old is your mommy? 40-something.
10. What is her job? Blog poster.
11. What is mommy’s favorite food? Coffee. (Accurate.)
12. How old is your daddy? 40-something.
13. What is his job? Stage Manager.
14. What is daddy’s favorite food? Cold brew. And noodles.
15. What do mommy and daddy like to do? Go on dates.
16. If you have brothers or sisters, what are their names? Emmett.
17. How old is your brother(s) (and/or sisters)? 4 1/2.
18. What is your brother(s) (and/or sisters) favorite food? Mac and cheese.
19. What is your favorite toy? Rosie (doll) and Owly (her favorite owl toy since she was a baby).
20. Where do you live? Chicagoland.
21. What is your favorite thing to do? Play with my friends and have girls day with mommy.
22. What is your favorite place you’ve ever been? Chuck E. Cheese. And the beach in Florida because there are a lot of seashells.
23. Who is your best friend? Livie and Kinsley and Caroline and Vivi and Ayla and Aubrey and Sicily and Harper and Victoria.
24. What is your favorite animal? Dog, panda, and snow leopard.
25. If you could have anything you wished for, what would it be? That my toys Rosie and Owly would come to life.
I’ll share Emmett’s (his first day of school is after Labor Day) soon. I hope this brings a little joy during this strange start to the school year. And for those who have asked about the chalkboard signs, I ordered it (along with ‘last day’ signs for both kids) right here.