Collaboration Between American Red Cross and University of Pennsylvania
Photo Credit: Ryan Hospital’s Dr. Deborah Mandell
I downloaded and navigated through this app, which is available for Apple and Android devices… It’s a MUST-HAVE for all pet owners, and the cost is only $ .99.
- Information for dogs and cats are separated into two sections
- Both have an alphabetized table of contents to quickly and easily find information needed
- Each topic contains subsections, details, and easy-to-follow instructions
- Video demonstrations
- Variety of categories such as Toxic Substances, Traveling with Pets, Giving Medication, Pet-friendly Hotels, Emergencies, etc.
- You can add your pets’ information to have readily on-hand
- Vet locator to find the closest emergency hospital, but also lists options for different vets in the area
- Quizzes to test your knowledge and keep you informed
- Assistance with Lost Pets
- Many more helpful resources!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: The purpose of my posting information about this app is NOT a substitute for medical attention when your pet needs care or has an illness and/or emergency requiring treatment by a veterinarian!!!
Empowering pet parents with the tools to seek out information and knowledge to immediately intervene may save your pet’s life on the way to receiving emergency treatment.
Link to the app:
Helping to keep beloved furry babies healthy and safe… and pet parents informed!